Little Stitches Shawl
Inspired by decorative Japanese embroidery, Little Stitches is a top-down triangular shawl that mixes delicate patterns into bands of transitioning colors, for a subtle, patched-together effect.
The feel of precise hand-stitching is achieved with slip-stitch star and weave patterns (which require only one yarn to be handled at a time), balanced with stockinette throughout. An i-cord bind-o borders the edging for a clean, graphic effect.
Seven complementary tones of yarn are required: a skein each of dark and light speckle-dyed yarn for the main two colors, and a gradient set of mini solid-dyed skeins for the five contrast colors. Alternatively, use up yardage from your stash for the contrast colors!
The pattern uses two Main Colors (MC1 and MC2) and five contrast colors (CC1-CC5) of fingering weight yarn.
The sample was knitted with: KOKON Bleu in 'Tie Dye' for MC1, KOKON Bleu in 'Speckle' for MC2, Snail Yarn Gradient Mini Skeins Set in 'Slate' for CC1-CC5.
- MC1: 271 yards/248 meters.
- MC2: 380 yards/347 meters.
- CC1-CC5: 400 yards/366 meters total (80 yards/73 meters per color).
- Wingspan: 60.5"/154cm, Depth: 26.75”/68cm after blocking.
- 26.5 sts & 41 rows = 4" in 'Stockinette Stitch' after blocking, on US 5 (3.75mm) needles.
PDF pattern download. Pattern has been tech edited.