Knitting with Beads - Virtual March 23rd
A 2-hour group class with Florence Spurling taught virtually via Zoom. An introductory class to bead knitting that explores the most popular methods of incorporating this form of embellishment to your knits. Key techniques demonstrated in this class include adding beads through stockinette, reverse stockinette, garter stitch, slip stitch and using a crochet hook. Adding beads through surface embroidery will also be discussed, as well as integrating beads into knitted stitches. Participants will be shown a variety of beaded fabrics and work through key methods resulting in a knitted sampler.
The class will be recorded and available for 2 weeks after the class date.
- Class Level: No prior experience in bead knitting is needed.
- When: March 23rd, 3-5pm UK / 10am-12pm EST.
- Teacher: Florence Spurling.
- Fingering/sock weight yarn and corresponding needles
- Size 6/0 beads
- Sewing/tapestry needle that can pass easily through the bead hole
- Small spool of sewing thread
- Crochet hook that can pass easily through the bead hole
No homework, but there will be a handout.